Information about cookies and our policy regarding their use.
What are “cookies”?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer and hold data relating to a specific website. Cookies are placed on the user's computer by that website and accessed each time a user browses that same website.
What cookies are used on housesignsonline.co.uk?
The cookies used by our website are standard and harmless. They are used primarily for your shopping basket to actually function and also to see which pages of our website are being used and how users navigate from page to page.
We use a temporary “category 1: strictly necessary” cookie to track your session on our website.
This cookie is essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without this cookie, services you rely on (like the shopping basket) cannot be provided.
We also use “category 2: performance” cookies.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. They are also used to track the efficiency of ‘pay-per-click’ and affiliate advertising.
Atlantic Signs (Cornwall) Limited respects your privacy and we will do everything we can to ensure it is protected.
1. We do not secretly collect any personal information about you via our website.
2. If you choose to interact with us, either through an enquiry or order, we obviously do need to obtain some personal information from you.
3. We restrict the personal information we collect to either:
a. Information absolutely necessary to process your enquiry or order.
b. Information that may assist and improve the future performance of the company, for instance “where did you first hear about Atlantic Signs?”
4. Any information we do collect from you, will be used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
5. We will never pass on any of your information to third parties unless required to do so by law, with one exception – see item 6 below.
6. We allow TrustPilot to contact our customers via one single email inviting them to leave completely impartial reviews that we are unable to amend or delete. Thousands of our customers are pleased to leave comments or ratings and this assists future customers to make an informed purchasing decision based on our service, price and performance. We believe this to be core to the success of our business and a vital source of information for both ourselves and potential customers. If you wish to decline the opportunity to review or rate us, please let us know prior to the delivery of your order.
7. We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent or disclose your information to others for marketing purposes.
8. Once your order or enquiry is complete, we will never contact you for promotional purposes unless you have opted into our email newsletter.
We hate spam and cold callers too!